You Can Get a College Education!
Friday, August 5th, 2011, 9:30-10:30 am
Monday, August 15th, 2011, 2:00-3:00 pm
Join the career guidance professionals at RochesterWorks! for a one-hour informational session on enrolling in a college program. We will discuss how to choose your program and secure financial aid.
Dealing With Job Loss – NEW!
Presented by Beth Sears
Thursday, August 4th, 2011
The loss of a job can be one of the most traumatic events that a person can face. Whether you were downsized, dismissed or fired, losing your job hurts and can have a profound effect on your emotional well-being. This 2 hour session will discuss how to pick up the pieces and move on. Participants will learn:
– Stages of loss
– Assessing where you stand
– Identifying survival skills
– Confidence building & Skills Assessment
– Communication skills that sell
– Impression Management
Exploring Federal Job Opportunities and Career Paths
Presented by Stephen J. Petro, Certified Federal Job Search Trainer
Friday, August 19, 2011
2:00pm – 4:00pm
– Considerations for joining the federal civilian workforce of 2 million.
– Marketing advice and analysis of your individual qualifications prior to selecting a specific action plan.
– Introduction to the Federal job database with over 30,000 employment opportunities at any given time and information on navigating the website and application process.
– Critical information on enhancing your pre-employment skills to succeed in the current job market.
LinkedIn 100: An Overview of LinkedIn – Features, Functions & Navigation
Presented by Greg Taylor
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
LinkedIn is a social media tool you can use to widen your network, stay better connected, and promote yourself a bit. This course is intended for those who are just getting started with LinkedIn. It also provides content usually overlooked by most users who fast forward to job search activity missing many elements that will accelerate their job search results. In this course you will learn:
– How to join LinkedIn and why.
– Navigate LinkedIn’s multiple menu system.
– Craft a comprehensive Profile that attracts attention.
– Customize your LinkedIn experience using Settings.
– Manage your Privacy while optimizing results.
– Process Invitations – Who to invite, how to invite them and how to process invitations received.
– Manage your communications with your connections using LinkedIn.
– Become aware of the LinkedIn features and functions that facilitate job search.
Please note: You must be a RochesterWorks! member to attend these workshops. Reservations are required due to limited seating. To register for workshops, register on-line or contact RochesterWorks! at (585)258-3500.