Registration is now open for the 4th Annual Greater Rochester Career Conference and Job Fair on January 5, 2012 at Monroe Community College. We’ll be hosting businesses with job openings, training providers with educational programs, and a great workshop series including business panels, LinkedIn sessions and much more.
So you’re registered, now what? Time to kick back and enjoy the holiday season? No way! Now is the best time to start researching and preparing for success. Follow these tips to ensure your success at this event or any job fair you attend:
- Review and research the list of employers that will be attending. Use LinkedIn or check out their company website, and network with your contacts for additional information.
- Remember to consider businesses outside of your target industry, because you never know what positions they may be hiring for. Also consider staffing agencies because you never know what companies they are working with.
- If you see any positions you’re interested in, apply online then make a note to follow-up at the job fair.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume, along with a pen and paper to record any notes or names of new contacts.
- Always remember to dress for success!
- Introduce yourself with a short introduction and a smile. Use your research to ask targeted questions about the company and the open positions.
- Offer to follow-up after the fair and ask for their business card, then follow-up with the information you promised.