Each month RochesterWorks! features a Monroe County employer that is noted for their dedication to recruiting and using RochesterWorks! services. During the month we spotlight their company on our website and give them an opportunity to share tips and information about their business with interested job seekers.
In July we invited Xerox to be our Business of the Month. At their presentation a representative from the Human Resources team here in Rochester shared stories, insight, and tips with for job seekers interested in employment.
Keep reading to find out what we learned.
Xerox is the world’s leading enterprise for business process and document management. Xerox technology, expertise, and services enable workplaces—from small businesses to global enterprises—to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively.
Click here to learn more about why you should work for Xerox!
We are Hiring!
Xerox Services is currently hiring customer services support representatives for the call center in Webster, NY.
These positions are in located in the Business Process Outsourcing side of Xerox. This department has over 600 employees and we’re looking to hire an additional 300 more by the end of next quarter. Xerox is growing fast in this department and we hope that these tips will help you decide if you’d like to join our team!
Top Tips from a Recruiter’s Perspective
- Embrace Our Culture
Our call centers have a fun, family-type atmosphere. When you become a customer service representative you’re joining the international family of Xerox as a whole though you work in Webster, NY. Our centers are diverse and fun with shifts ranging from 6:30am to 11:00pm Monday through Sunday.
- Get the Job
- Communicate your skills to us throughout the application process. We’re looking for basic knowledge of technology, the ability to search out and find information on a computer, and strong communication and customer service skills.
- Clearly communicate your customer service experience to us in your resume and in the interview.
- If you have gaps in your employment make sure that you help us complete the picture. If you were home with a child or loved one, tell us. We recognize that life happens and we’re open to learning about how you developed yourself during those years.
- Pay attention to detail. Many times this is what sets one candidate apart from the rest. Always check your grammar and spelling and follow through with the application process. It makes a difference.
- Grow with Us
From day 1 of your 7-weeks of paid training you are a Xerox employee. The opportunities from there are endless. Though this position is an entry-level job, it is what you make it! In our organization the lessons taught by experiencing our company “from the ground up” are vital to your success.
How to Apply for Jobs at Xerox
- Apply online at www.jobsatxerox.com/webster or stop by our Recruiting Office at (800 Philips Road, Building 700, Webster, NY 14580)
- Take an Assessment
The computerized assessment will last approximately 45mins and typically involved working with a headset, recording a call, and typing. If you have taken the assessment in the last 30 days and have passed we’d love to see you for an interview.
- Come in for an Interview
Interviews are being held Monday through Friday (9:00am to 3:00pm) for anyone who has completed the online application and the assessment. If you have any questions call (585) 217-5214 or email us at email@example.com.
Do you want to learn more about other local business?
Click here to sign up for the next presentation today!
Do you want to participate as a “Business of the Month”?
Click here to learn more and contact our Business Services Team!